Tuesday, October 14, 2008

How long can I row

I arrived back to my training den today after a from a few days R&R with plenty of eating and joviality !!! So it was wisely decided to get my endurance counter going once again, so time to put in a good steady state row.

The goal was to make it a minimum of 10km but in the back of my head I was convinced there was a little more in the legs today. Well I reached the 10km and felt very comfortable plenty of refueling over the weekend !!!!

The wheel kept spinning and before I knew it I reached a very pleasing 15km at 1:58.4 / 24 pace. This was my longest distance row on the erg for all the years I have dabbled. Really felt I achieved something here tonight so delighted with myself. I'm going to keep a closer eye on the HR monitor from now on to see where I can push on a little without damaging my recovery.

The status of my body tomorrow morning will be of great interest to myself !.

No comments: