Wednesday, October 15, 2008

5k Fun

Today was the storm after the 15km calm of yesterday. I woke this morning and to my surprise no stiffness in my legs.. So 5km row at a "hard pace" was the goal on the erg today when referring to the bible of Pete. The last time I attempted this, (my second attempt at the distance !!) I felt i did not start at a quick enough pace only to be sprinting from a long way out to bring the time down.


for a total of So I set out at a 1:46 / 500m pace and I managed to hold it resonably well to finish with a 1:45.2 17:32.2. Although 15 seconds improvement from my first attempt I feel the 15km last night took a little of the edge off and the energy levels were not fully there. Still think there is a lot more here.

5000m 1:45.2 17: 32.2

Found my technique became a little inconsistent and my terrible habit of watching the monitor and convincing myself that I'm getting tired kicked in at times. Anybody with a suggestion of how to avoid this would be a great help - have tried counting strokes in bouts of 20's ????

But pretty happy that its progress as I try to improve my over all endurance - even managed a 1:29 sprint for a few 100's at the end so no complaints !

No comments: